First of all, you should find out if your site is indexed by a Google search robot. To do this, you need to enter the name of the site:site_site in the search box – and the search engine will display all the pages that Google has entered in its database and that can be found by users. If they are not, you can tell Google about the existence of your site. This will speed up the indexing process. In order to further monitor the scanning of the resource, you need to create a Google webmaster account, with it the optimization process is greatly facilitated.
Working With Meta Tags (Title, Description, Keywords)
Headings, or “Titles”, are important meta categories. In fact, in many ways, the search robot deduces from it the content of the page. Optimization of the site begins with the creation of correct headings, and it is important to consider the following recommendations:
- The content of the headings must correspond exactly to the content of the page. They should include the necessary keywords and be readable and understandable for users.
- Each page should have its own unique title.
- The title should be short and informative. Although Google allows many more words to be used in the title than the browser string, it is better to do with a more concise and informative title.
- It is not recommended to automatically generate the name of pages in the site management system.
- When optimizing for Google, you should take into account that this search engine likes direct entry of queries into the header.
As for other meta tags, such as description and keywords, their use is not so important, and they do not affect the promotion. But filling in these fields is a sign of a good tone when optimizing a website for Google. It should be noted that Google often takes a description from the description to form snippets, so write in it attractive text for the user.
Don’t save on hosting. Response time and speed of page loading directly affect the ranking of the site in the search engine. Place your resource on quality hosting – it will have a positive impact on its ranking.
Only unique content. Without this promotion of the site in Google is impossible. Even if you promote the news portal, before indexing the material by the robot it must be rewritten, “rewrite” the information before placing. Including the need to eliminate duplication of information within the site. If this is impossible, you can at least manually close the text from indexing by a search robot in the file robots.txt.
Keep your resource up to date. If you update content several times a week in small portions (even 500 characters each), Google will index the site much faster, considering it interesting and useful for users. But do not use any additional programs that automatically generate content – the search engine has long learned how to build semantic and syntactic links between words in sentences and may well recognize low-quality text. It is better to order writing articles from copywriters.
Links. Some time ago, it was enough to buy a certain number of links to your site and it would have provided him with high positions in the search. At the moment, the situation has changed, although the links still have a significant impact on the ranking of the site. When choosing them, it is important to consider many factors, such as:
- Quality resources. It is better to get a few links from reputable and heavyweight sites than 100 with knowingly poor quality.
- Anchor text (text surrounding words for reference). Unlike other search engines, Google likes the exact inclusion of queries, but it is important not to abuse the same anchors and use different formulations. Links should be made to different pages of the site, not only promoted but also to other pages. The boxed text should be thematic, that is, contain frequently used words for the subject matter.
- Sequencing of the links mass increases. If your site was launched only yesterday, and today you are already starting to work on its optimization, then, in any case, you can not immediately buy a large number of links to the site – it must be done gradually and very carefully. Otherwise, there is a risk to get under the filters of search engines, not only Google but also others.
- And many other factors that should be taken into account when increasing the reference mass.
And in general, SEO under Google has no fundamental differences from similar works for other search engines. Therefore, promoting the site in Google, you get an influx of visitors from other systems.